ABRS and RDA work together
This week we were delighted to have a meeting with Ed Bracher CEO of the Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA), to discuss and agree the ways forward for riding centres with RDA relationships.
We are both in favour of opening communication channels between centres and local RDA groups, and as a start point these are some of the ideas we discussed.
– Encouraging the use of volunteers from RDA or other furloughed staff, to help cover day to day horse care duties, in line with government social distancing guidance.
– Set up a local community crowd funding to assist with the upkeep of the horses in your care.
– It has been recognised that RDA groups have the ability to advance payment/donations to centres and we would encourage a discussion around this.
– Explore funding / grant options available through Sport Relief and Sport England.
– The important take away point is for centres and local RDA groups to provide mutual support and resources, money or people within the normal framework covering their operation.
Please do contact us if you have any further questions about this firstname.lastname@example.org