The Equestrian Coaching Certificate pathway endorsed by UK Coaching and provided by 1st4Sport is a standardised approach across equestrian disciplines and focuses on the coaching craft in the context of equestrianism.
It usually contains a course with a taught element – both in the classroom and practically alongside of the development of a coach portfolio based on clients you are coaching – and an assessment which looks at the your coaching skills (whilst coaching elements from the technical syllabus at each level) and also requires the submission of a portfolio.
It does not assess knowledge or expertise in relation to horse care and welfare albeit demonstration of an appreciation of equine health and welfare is necessary as a requirement to register for these qualifications either demonstrated through experience or previous qualifications.
Pre-requisites for the Certificate in Coaching Level 2
- Must be 18 years old or over
- Able to understand and communicate in English
- Hold UKCC Level 1, 1st4Sport Level 1 or BHS Stage 2 or equivalent
- If no formal qualification, be able to provide two references to back up details of their knowledge and teaching experience
- Be able to practice coaching between training days
- Hold a valid first aid certificate (copies must be provided by the end of the course)
- Hold a valid safeguarding certificate (copies must be provided by the end of the course)
Certificate in Equestrian Coaching Level One (CIEC) at Santolina Stables, Wokingham. Start Date 9th NovemberApply Now
Level 2 Certificate in Equestrian Coaching (General Riding) Venue: Follifoot Park Riding Centre, HarrogateApply Now