When you sign up for membership with us, hold the role of Welfare Officer at a Riding School owned by a member, or apply to take a test or course with us, you may provide us with, or we may obtain,personal information about you. This information may include your:
- personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- membership details including start and end date;
records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other
correspondence and your instructions to us;
- any credit/debit card and other payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you;
- use of and movements through our online portal, passwords, personal identification numbers, user names and other IT system identifying information;
- images in video and/or photographic form, and;
your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you.
We typically collect personal information about you when you: become (or renew) as a member; are identified as the Welfare Officer at a Riding School owned by a member; purchase any services or products we offer; make a query and/or complaint; and/or, correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way.
Email, post and SMS marketing: from time to time, we may contact you by email, post or SMS
with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in.
We will only send marketing messages to you in accordance with the marketing preferences you set. You can then let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by amending your preferences, which you may do by contacting us as described in the “Contacting us” section below.
We do not share your personal data with any 3rd parties.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider;
- the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data. However, some have no conditions attached; your right to withdraw consent or object to processing for direct marketing are absolute rights.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information, you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here tohelp and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email: email@example.com.