The ABRS are pleased to be able to provide a range of resources to help our members and non-members exit lockdown safely and ensure the continued safety of their staff, clients and volunteers. As equestrian businesses enter the transition phase it is important for centres and yards to reassure clients that their facilities are a safe place to visit and that the correct measures and protocols are in place.
Safe Working Practices and Exiting Lockdown
Our ABRS accredited Certificated E-Learning Course on Safe Working Practices and exiting lockdown for equestrian establishments and their staff. The online course is designed to ensure that establishments owners, managers and their staff are fully prepared and feel confident in the transition phase.
Members: please email the office email@example.com with the names and email addresses of the participants to gain access to the course.
This training takes just 15 minutes and on completion of the course each staff member will receive a certificate.
ABRS Members can access the following resources in the Members Area
- The Covid-19 Risk Assessment is specifically created for exiting lockdown to enable you to plan how you can run your riding centres whilst minimising risks of infection for clients and staff. It covers the stages of lockdown as guided by BEF from private lessons to livery clients to the full operation of a riding centre.
- Covid-19 specific forms for Rider Registration and Volunteer Induction.
- Useful up to date information about the Government Job Retention Scheme is also available
Exiting Lockdown Safely Accreditation
The Association of British Riding Schools (ABRS) are assisting all riding centres and livery yards by offering Exiting Lockdown Safely Accreditation, verified by the ABRS.
As equestrian businesses enter the transition phase it is important for centres and yards to reassure clients that their facilities are a safe place to visit and that the correct measures and protocols are in place.
Jane Williams, Acting Chair of the ABRS said, “‘The ABRS are delighted to offer equestrian centre owners this ABRS verified Accreditation on Exiting Lockdown Safely, which is open to all. The verification will reassure clients that employers and staff are putting their safety first, reducing risks of infection through operating in the safest way possible”
On completing the verification, centres will get a certificate to demonstrate their understanding and commitment to ensuring a safe environment for all.
To become a verified centre or yard you need to:
- Complete the e-learning course on Safe Working Practices while Exiting Lockdown.
- Download and complete the bespoke ABRS Covid-19 Risk Assessment, submit with evidence, photo or video.
On completion of both resources, centres can send the evidence of their completed risk assessment in video or image format to the ABRS office.
We know that this will go some way towards building client and staff confidence whilst we transition out of lockdown.
Becoming a verified centre or yard costs just £39.50 and is available to purchase by contacting the office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For employment advice visit the Equestrian Employers Association