What is the ABRS and why should you join?
The ABRS is a national body representing hundreds of the best riding schools in the country.
Founded in 1954, it runs Britain’s longest-established Riding School Approval Scheme and promotes participation by persons in the United Kingdom (both able-bodied and with any form of disability and of all ages) in healthy recreation in horse riding through education and in providing advice to riding schools in respect of regulation, welfare and safety issues.
If you belong to the ABRS your clients can be satisfied that you offer the highest standards of teaching, that their health and safety are a priority and that your horses and ponies are given the best possible care.
Why should i join?
As an ABRS member:
- You will be promoted on our website and in our literature as one of our Approved Centres and recognised for the quality of your service to every standard of rider.
- You can display the ABRS approvals plaque on your premises
- You will be eligible to run the Association’s popular equitation and stable management tests.
- You can take part in conferences and training sessions designed to help your business reach its full potential.
- You can take advantage of our communications network within the equestrian industry: the ABRS is represented on the British Equestrian Federation and has close ties with other key national equestrian bodies.
- We will also communicate your needs and concerns to local and national government.
- You will benefit from exciting ABRS marketing initiatives, including national advertising and editorial placement. Such initiatives will aim to promote riding at member centres, as well as examinations, tests and employment opportunities for ABRS qualified individuals.
- Members Benefit Scheme – products and services offering exclusive promotions.
- You will have access to professional advisors covering such topics as, data protection, legal matters, fire safety, rates, VAT & taxation and Health & Safety in riding schools.
ABRS membership is a hallmark of quality. You will be able to use it to attract new riders, improving riders and those wishing to gain qualifications.
Become a member and let us help you turn your riding centre into a better business.
What will my clients gain?
Information where, in the opinion of the Association, good riding instruction can be obtained and an accurate description of the facilities offered by each approved school.
A rise in standards of riding instruction and horsemanship.
Your school will belong to a professional body representing riding school industry and proprietors
The opportunity to take a variety of practical-based ABRS graded tests in stable management and equitation