Based at Larkhill Garrison in Wiltshire, the Royal Artillery Saddle Club Larkhill (RASC(L)) offers horse riding, instruction, competition, livery facilities and much more. It is operated as a Registered Charity. RASC(L) is first and foremost a welfare facility for military personnel and their dependants. However, individuals with no military connection may apply to join.
Whether you are learning to ride for the first time, returning to the saddle after a break from the sport, or an experienced rider new to the area, the RASC(L) has the horses for you. With indoor and outdoor arenas, direct access to miles of hacking on Salisbury Plain and the Royal Artillery Cross Country Course on our doorstep, we offer something for everyone.
- Riding Lesson – We provide private and group lessons for adults and children each week. These are either flat work or jumping lessons using both our indoor and outdoor school.
- Escorted Hacks – There is the opportunity for competent adult and older child riders to go out on escorted hacks on Salisbury Plain. We are fortunate to have direct access to open country without the need to ride on roads. Hacks normally last between one and two hours.
- Pony Days – During the school holidays we run pony days for children age 5 and above.
The Royal Artillery Saddle Club has a range if livery options to support serving personnel and civilian members, including Working, DIY and Full livery.
- 60x40m floodlit outdoor school
- 40x20m indoor school with viewing gallery
- XC jump schooling lane
- Full suite of showjumps
- Lunge Pen